1) Athlete Avatars: Why do you want to improve your rowing capacity?
2) Accessing Your Limiters: What is holding you back from being a better rower?
3) Silo those limiters into… [Programming for Each Silo]
• Body Size (+) Strength & Power
• Aerobic Capacity (+) Muscular Endurance
Athlete Avatars: Why do you want to improve your rowing capacity?
#1: Competitor who does Online Qualifiers
#2: Competitive with yourself and the other people in your gym
#3: All-around fit bad ass who has capacity (aka GPP)
Accessing Your Limiters: What is holding you back from being a better rower?
#1: Body Size: Bigger is Better (not always, but very often)
#2: Strength & Power: What distance are we talking about? Single Modality vs. Mixed Modal?
#3: Aerobic Capacity: Aerobic Power vs. Aerobic Endurance
#4: Local Limiters: Pull / Arms often fatigue quickly
(Because most cyclical movements are lower body dominant)
Programming to improve… Body Size (+) Strength & Power
Spending more time off the rower to develop these qualities
Doing things that require Strength & Power off the erg…
• Power Clean
• Power Snatch
• Banded Russian Kettlebell Swing
• Hip Transfer Box Jump
• Broad Jumps
• Strict Pull-ups / Strict Muscle-Ups
• Barbell Bent Rows / Dumbbell Bent Rows
Rowing Sprints: in a high carry over way
Alactic Intervals: Not Painful, Not Fatigued
• Max Effort, Full Rest, Repeat
Programming to improve… Aerobic Capacity (+) Muscular Endurance
Spending more time on the rower to develop these qualities
Muscular Endurance & Aerobic Endurance Pair Best
LSD (Long Slow Distance) increases → Stroke Volume, Mitochondria Number & Function, Capillary Perfusion, Thermo-regulation
Aerobic Endurance (progresses to) Aerobic Power
Informative rants on various topics within the Sport of Fitness.
No fluff, No BS. Just practical ways to help you improve your fitness.
1-on-1 Coaching for CrossFit® Athletes
Your Plan Includes…
• Customized workouts tailored to your needs
• Video calls with your coach every training Cycle
• Video analysis – having “eyes” on your technique
• Strength & Energy Systems Testing
• Access to all ZOAR paid content
• A “Welcome to the Team” box of ZOAR gear
• No commitment. Cancel Anytime.
Ready to join the ranks?
Email me to start the next chapter in your journey.
If you want to reach your potential in the Sport of Fitness, you must have elite fitness. In other words… conditioning.
That’s why this program focuses on the “3 Kings” of Cyclical Movement: Rowing, AirBike & Running.
Cyclical Supremacy is all about building your engine so you can express higher levels of performance in all types of workouts.
Are you ready to build a massive engine and reign as Cyclical Supremacy?