Standardization for Online Qualifiers
Open 2011-2019: C2B Appeared Every Year (Not 2020)
Chin-over-Bar vs. Chest-to-Bar
- Grip Width
- Twist Yo Wrist
- Combo of 1-4
Building Strict Strength
1) Gain strength
2) Lose Weight
3) A Bit of Both
Strict Pulling is uncommon in Competitive Fitness
Vertical Strict Pulling
- Lat Pulldown
- Banded Pull-Up (or) Partner Assisted
- Weighted Pull-Ups or Pausing / Tempo C2B (for Advanced Athletes)
Horizontal Strict Pulling
- Ring Row
- Barbell Bent over Row
- Chest-Supported Rows (without a machine)
- Single Arm Dumbbell Bent Row
- Double Dumbbell Bent Row
Lats: Straight Arm, Closing Down Shoulder Joint
Biceps: Elbow Flexion, Concentric & Eccentric
Grip: Tonic Grip
Grip – Regrip
- TnG Cleans (especially from the Hang)
- TnG Snatches (especially from the Hang)
- Russian Kettlebell Swings
- Beat Kips
Disclaimer: If you are doing kipping gymnastics, you should be wearing grips to prevent tearing your hands. I recommend the Bear Komplex 3-Finger Carbon Grips.
Strong, Immobile, Poor Kipping Technique (1:1 Strict-to-Kipping)
Weak, Mobile, Efficient Kipping Technique (1:4 Strict-to-Kipping)
• Feet opposite of hands
• Center of Mass stays under the bar
• Start under the bar (jumping up for your first rep)
• Concentric (upward) portion looks the same
Beginner (<4-5 sC2B, <10-12 Kipping)
Limiters: (1) strength (2) technique breakdown
More focus on Strict than Kipping
Practice in unfatigued settings until breakdown
Intermediate (8-10 sC2B, 20+ Kipping)
Start to Learn the Butterfly Kip
Limitations: Strength Endurance (Movement Density)
This can show up as…
• A Pump (Venous Occlusion)
• Kip Breakdown (“tired and sloppy”)
How to overcome this?
Always measure strength work with respects to time
• EMOM, E90s, E2M, Every 2:30, E3M, etc.
• Rest 60s, Rest 75s, Rest 90s, Rest 2:00, etc.
Advanced Athlete (15+ sC2B, 40+ kC2B)
• Consistent Technique
• Great Muscular Strength & Endurance
• Different set of limiters
Density (High level occlusion) accompanied by Nervous System Response (Sym), changes in fueling (lactate), Respiratory Limiters, Combination
- Movement Interference (Rowing & C2B, Ski Erg & BMU, GHDs & C2B)
- High HR & Respiratory Rate (Advanced) AirBike + C2B intervals
- Breathing, State (Practice down-regulations protocols out of the gym)
Informative rants on various topics within the Sport of Fitness.
No fluff, No BS. Just practical ways to help you improve your fitness.
Are your gymnastics movements holding you back from reaching your potential?
Statistics show five movements are far and away the most likely to show up in local competitions and online qualifiers like the Open. That’s why this program focuses on improving “The Big Five.”
1) Muscle-Ups (Bar & Ring)
2) Handstand Push-Ups
3) Handstand Walks
If your capacity in these movements is holding you back from taking your fitness to the next level, this program is for you!
Want a Free Workout Program?
Follow the following steps to get a free Workout Program of your choice.
- Listen to The Fitness Movement on Apple Podcasts.
- Leave an honest review and rating.
- Email me at [email protected] to verify your review using your username and password.
- Your review gets approved and I send you a free workout program!
Thank you for supporting the show!