Why is breathing so hard in MetCons?
Breathe & Move: The Dual Role of Respiratory Musculature
What are Breath Ratios?
Breath Ratios: the number of breaths you take per rep of a movement
• 1:1 | Thruster: Inhale on Lower, Exhale on Raise
• 1:2 | Double Unders: Inhale rep 1, Exhale rep 2
• 4:1 | Running: Initiate an Exhale every 4th Breath
Biking & Running: Almost Endless Breath Ratio Options
Rowing & Swimming: Limited Breath Ratio Options
MetCons: When you CAN vs. CAN’T Breathe
Go Deeper | Listen Now
3 Factors that Determine Breath Ratios
(1) Cycle Speed / Time per Rep
(2) Power Output
(3) Accumulated Fatigue
Cycle Speed of CrossFit Open Movements (Pro)
Breath Ratios of Common Movements
Gymnastics Movements Breath Ratios
• CTB vs. HSPU
• RMU vs. BMU
• HSW vs. Running
• BFB vs. BBJO
Weightlifting Movements Breath Ratios
• Squat Clean vs. Power Clean
• Heavy vs. Light Power Snatch
• Thrusters vs. Wall Ball
• DB Snatch vs. Double DB Snatch
Breath Work for the Sport of Fitness
Do you find yourself resting between movements to catch your breath?
Let me help you plug the holes in your fitness revealing your untapped potential.